- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Longboat Solutions collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Your company name and contact details
Automatically collected data: Data that you do not submit to us directly, but that are automatically gathered by our system when you interact with our servers. This category includes:
- Web server access logs,
- Such logs may include timestamps, IP addresses, email addresses, bank account numbers, names, HTTP request headers and other data.
How do we collect your data?
The entity responsible for collecting and processing personal data in relation to Longboat Solutions is Domeneshop AS, a private limited liability company incorporated in Norway with registration number 976769678.
You directly provide Longboat Solutions with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Complete the initial contact form
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of website or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Longboat Solutions may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Trusted partner organisations we discuss your needs with or background research we do in order to better understand your needs and potential solutions for you.
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Email you with specific opportunities we think you might be interested in.
- Match you with other similar organisations that may be able to add value to you or your business.
- Provide it to public authorities or governments when required by law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
If you agree, Longboat Solutions will share your data with our trusted partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
How do we store your data?
Longboat Solutions securely stores your data on the servers of Domainnameshop AS, a Norwegian based server company.
Longboat Solutions will keep your contact data, business type and solutions offered, for 10 years.
Personal data pertaining to invoices and payments are kept for at least 5 years for tax purposes, as required by Norwegian law.
Once this time period has expired, or you contact us asking for your data to be deleted earlier, we will delete your data by ensuring the details are deleted, including all backups by us and our data hosting service.
Longboat Solutions would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might be interested in based upon the contact and discussions we have already had with you.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Longboat Solutions from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to trusted partners of tours.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are your data protection rights?
Longboat Solutions would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access
You have the right to request Longboat Solutions for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification
You have the right to request that Longboat Solutions correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Longboat Solutions to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure
You have the right to request that Longboat Solutions erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing
You have the right to request that Longboat Solutions restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing
You have the right to object to Longboat Solutions’ processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability
You have the right to request that Longboat Solutions transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Jurisdiction and applicable law
In our capacity as Data Processor we commit to the above and additionally:
(a) only process your personal data as instructed by you, i.e. as data that are to be stored and processed on our servers while protecting its integrity and confidentiality, and immediately notify you if, in our opinion, an instruction is in violation of current privacy legislation, including the GDPR;
(b) make sure that all employees of Longboat Solutions and Domainnameshop that have access to your personal data are authorised to do so and will treat your data confidentially, also after the hosting agreement has been terminated;
(c) have in place the necessary technical and organisational security measures to ensure appropriate security of your data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage;
(d) only store your data on servers in Norway and never share it with any sub-processors or third parties, except with Norwegian law-enforcement authorities if required by law;
(e) assists you in ensuring compliance with the relevant requirements pursuant to Articles 32-36 of the GDPR insofar as this is possible, taking into account the nature of processing and the information available to us, and to immediately inform you if a security breach should occur, including the information needed for you to notify the Supervisory Authority and/or the data subjects if need be;
(f) within 12 months after the termination of our hosting agreement with Domainnameshop, ensure they delete all data including any backups;
(g) upon request, contribute to audits and inspections and make available to you all information needed to demonstrate compliance with our obligations as Data Processor according to this DPA and the GDPR.
Responsibilities of our Hosting Service
These include the above plus:
- Physical access control to hosting servers
- Firewalls for intrusion detection and prevention
- Redundant storage (RAID) and power supply (UPS)
- Routine backup procedures with backup servers in a separate physical building (in case of fire)
- Short response time for applying security updates (to prevent zero-day exploits)
- Use of strong encryption when moving data between servers
- Logging to detect and prevent security incidents and to provide audit trails
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have unresolved concerns
You also have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the Norwegian Data Protection Authority.